Climate Action Council Draft Scoping Plan
The Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (Climate Act) was signed into law in 2019 as one of the most ambitious climate laws in the world. The law created the Climate Action Council (the Council), which is tasked with developing a Draft Scoping Plan that serves as an initial framework for how the State will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and achieve net-zero emissions, increase renewable energy usage, and ensure climate justice. On December 20, the Council voted to release the Draft Scoping Plan for public comment. January 1, 2022 marks the beginning of a comment period to receive feedback from the public as the Council works to develop and release a final scoping plan by the end of 2022.
- Appendix A: Advisory Panel Recommendations [PDF]
- Appendix B: CJWG Feedback on Advisory Panel Recommendations [PDF]
- Appendix C: JTWG Recommendations to the Council on Measures to Minimize the Carbon Leakage Risk and Minimize Anti-Competitiveness Impacts of Potential Carbon Policies and Energy Sector Mandates [PDF]
- Appendix D: Power Generation Sites Identified by the JTWG [PDF]
- Appendix E: JTWG Recommendations to the Council on Issues and Opportunities Related to the EITE Entities [PDF]
- Appendix F: Environmental and Health Data for Quantifying Health Benefits of Climate Policy [PDF]
- Appendix G: Integration Analysis Technical Supplement [PDF]
- Appendix H: Adaptation & Resilience Recommendation Components [PDF]
Climate Justice Working Group Input in the Draft Scoping Plan
- Climate Justice Working Group Feedback on Draft Scoping Plan [PDF]
This document shows the Climate Justice Working Group's input into the Draft Scoping Plan and how it was incorporated. The input is divided by chapter.
- Climate Justice Working Group feedback – List Format [PDF]
This document presents the Climate Justice Working Group's input in the form of a bulleted list organized by chapter and indicates the page in the Draft Scoping Plan where it can found.
- Draft-Scoping-Plan-CJWG-Feedback highlighted [PDF]
This document is the Draft Scoping Plan with each instance of the Climate Justice Working Group's input highlighted in green.
Public Comment Period
New Yorkers are encouraged to comment on the Draft Scoping Plan during the public comment period, which begins January 1, 2022, and is open through June 10, 2022. Public comments can be submitted via the online public comment form, via email, and via U.S. mail. In addition, the Council will hold public hearings across the state, both in-person and virtual, which will follow all appropriate COVID-19 health and safety guidelines.